|One good decision I made last week: To adquire Daisy Jones & The Six on audio. After this experience, I honestly can’t imagine any other way to go about this book, it was a thrill to be told this story by the characters themselves. This format made it all very visual, there’s one scene in particular where someone is describing a bright pool and an angel floating in with a colorful dress, it sounded magical.|
“Everyone knows Daisy Jones & The Six, but nobody knows the reason behind their split at the absolute height of their popularity . . . until now.”
This is the interview of a lifetime, a most expected and incredible gathering of all of these people, voices, heroes to some, and one person made it possible for all of us. Now we will finally be able to understand what happened to this glorious band and why they just vanished when they were at the cuspid of their careers. We get a glimpse of their lives before they were this huge band, we get to meet and appreciate the members and the crew because of who they are and were.
I loved every one of them, their unique tones and non-verbal expressions, every sigh, every breath was with intention. My personal favorite, without a doubt, was Camila. What an amazing, exemplary woman, she truly knew how to handle herself. Also Karen Karen, she is such a strong, secure woman.
The story touches and teaches so much. How our upbringing can influence our whole lives, it can both make us or destroy us, the world of Rock n’ Roll, the friends and the foes, the drugs, the 70s, the many personalities, the self absorbing truths of addiction and heartbreak, and many more.
I enjoyed how in-between the chaos, there also was balance. How some of them were able to realize that the important things should always come first, family and love over fleeting feelings and efimerous passion. How things don’t need to be perfect to be strong, the beauty within imperfection.
Also loved the dynamic between women that this book portrayed, it was beatiful to witness. Real friendship, strong support, sisterly love but most of all RESPECT. It is amazing to witness women treating each other with respect. Karen and Camila, Simone and Daisy, Camila and Daisy, etc.
“You’re all sorts of things you don’t even know yet” – Camila to Daisy.
Taylor Jenkins Reid makes you wish you were a part of this world, that you were a Daisy Jones & The Six fan because if you weren’t you’d be missing out.
Here are the Audible specifications:
Listening Length: 9 hours and 3 minutes
Program Type: Audiobook
Publisher: Random House Audiobooks
Audible Release Date: March 5, 2019
Language: English, English
1. Daisy Jones, read by Jennifer Beals;
2. Billy Dunne, read by Pablo Schreiber;
3. Graham Dunne, read by Benjamin Bratt;
4. Eddie Loving, read by Fred Berman;
5. Warren Rhodes, read by Ari Fliakos;
6. Karen Karen, read by Judy Greer;
7. Camila Dunne, read by January LaVoy;
8. Simone Jackson, read by Robinne Lee;
9. Narrator/Author, read by Julia Whelan; Jim Blades, read by Jonathan Davis; Rod Reyes, read by Henry Leyva; Artie Snyder, read by Oliver Wyman; Elaine Chang, read by Nancy Wu; Freddie Mendoza, read by P.J. Ochlan; Nick Harris, read by Arthur Bishop; Jonah Berg, read by Holter Graham; Greg McGuinness, read by Brendan Wayne; Pete Loving, read by Pete Larkin; Wyatt Stone, read by Alex Jenkins Reid; Hank Allen, read by Robert Petkoff; Opal Cunningham, read by Sara Arrington.